I am an author of several children’s picture books. I wrote and published my first book Prince Bear & Pauper Bear as recipient of Singapore‘s First-Time Writers and Illustrator’s Publishing Initiative in 2007.
Since then, my books have won several awards:
* 1st outside North America to win 3 IPPY Awards (the world’s largest book awards competition) in the children’s picture book category (2008, 2009, 2010)
* 1st in Southeast Asia to win a Moonbeam Award (Gold Medal 2009)
* International Schools Libraries Association’s Red Dot Awards Finalist (2010)
* Hedwig Anuar Children’s Book Awards Finalist (2011)
* Writer’s Digest Honorable Mention Award at its Independent Publisher’s Book Awards (2012)
* SCBWI Crystal Kite Award Finalist, Asia/India/Middle East region (2013)
* Mediacorp’s Singapore Woman Award Honoree (2013)
My books have been published in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Korea and China.
Baby Panda Finds His Way was staged to 12 sell-out shows in English and 7 more in Mandarin at Esplanade Theatre in 2011/2012
I am on the programme committee of the Asian Festival of Children’s Content (Asia’s largest festival of its kind), a member of SCBWI (Singapore Chapter) and on the Asia Board of Trustees for Media Associates International.
I have also written over 20 commissioned picture books for both private and public organisations:
– Wildlife Reserves Singapore
– Ministry of Social and Family Development Singapore
– Singapore National Cooperative Federation/ Seed Institute
– Ministry of Education Singapore
– Canon Pixmatown, etc
“Finding My Voice – a true story of setbacks, new beginnings and toy characters”, recently published by Write Editions, is my first foray into books for adults. It is my personal journey of how I woke up one morning without a voice (when I was inflicted with a quirky voice disorder called Spasmodic Dysphonia) and how I eventually found a new voice in writing.